I don't know if this is an Asperger's thing or just a "creative" thing, but I have weird dreams, some that would make Salvador Dali cringe. I invite you to share yours. Here are a few classics:
- About a decade ago, I had a dream that I was getting my period and oranges came out instead of what you'd expect.
- When I was a teenager, I had a dream that Michael Jackson was robbing a Dunkin' Donuts at gunpoint. Frightened, I hid in the bathroom.
- I had a dream that my mother was laying spider eggs (fortunately, this was just one of those "I knew it was happening" dreams and was spared a visual representation of this).
- My cat was cut into pieces and put in the refrigerator, but once I defrosted him I could reassemble him.
- I was consoling a crying Conan O'Brien because he didn't think he was funny. This is just weird since I never even watched his show.
- When I was in high school, I had a dream that a burglar was trying to rob my house. My father stopped him by strangling him with a Nintendo controller cord.
- My (late) dog needed a snout replacement. My father cut her snout off with a circular saw. There was no blood. Then he put a new snout on her.
- I had a dream a few years ago about scooping Woody Allen's brains out with an ice cream scoop.
- A few years ago (I think shortly after the Terri Schiavo case, though it might have been much later than that), I had a dream that someone survived on life-support for 200 years and looked like they should be dead. Social commentary in my dreams! Ha!
- When I was 13, I had a dream that an old man with no arms and no legs was chasing me and throwing rocks at me.
And my latest: Last night, I had a dream that it was Thanksgiving. My mother was debating over whether to make lamb or ox. The lamb had stuck its snout in poop, and so it was going to taste like poop. But according to my mom, that was part of what made it a delicacy! Then she yanked the tongue out of the lamb and said we could eat that too. Disgusted, I said, "Let's just have ox!"
Let's hear your weird dreams!