Monday, June 13, 2011

Dreams that Would Make Salvador Dali Cringe

Sorry, it's been too long since I've done one of these, but it's been hectic with losing my job and trying to find another... excuses, excuses. Anyway, I will continue to put up new blog posts every Friday from now on...


I don't know if this is an Asperger's thing or just a "creative" thing, but I have weird dreams, some that would make Salvador Dali cringe. I invite you to share yours. Here are a few classics:




  • About a decade ago, I had a dream that I was getting my period and oranges came out instead of what you'd expect.
  • When I was a teenager, I had a dream that Michael Jackson was robbing a Dunkin' Donuts at gunpoint. Frightened, I hid in the bathroom.
  • I had a dream that my mother was laying spider eggs (fortunately, this was just one of those "I knew it was happening" dreams and was spared a visual representation of this). 
  • My cat was cut into pieces and put in the refrigerator, but once I defrosted him I could reassemble him.
  • I was consoling a crying Conan O'Brien because he didn't think he was funny. This is just weird since I never even watched his show.
  • When I was in high school, I had a dream that a burglar was trying to rob my house. My father stopped him by strangling him with a Nintendo controller cord.
  • My (late) dog needed a snout replacement. My father cut her snout off with a circular saw. There was no blood. Then he put a new snout on her.
  • I had a dream a few years ago about scooping Woody Allen's brains out with an ice cream scoop.
  • A few years ago (I think shortly after the Terri Schiavo case, though it might have been much later than that), I had a dream that someone survived on life-support for 200 years and looked like they should be dead. Social commentary in my dreams! Ha!
  • When I was 13, I had a dream that an old man with no arms and no legs was chasing me and throwing rocks at me.


And my latest: Last night, I had a dream that it was Thanksgiving. My mother was debating over whether to make lamb or ox. The lamb had stuck its snout in poop, and so it was going to taste like poop. But according to my mom, that was part of what made it a delicacy! Then she yanked the tongue out of the lamb and said we could eat that too. Disgusted, I said, "Let's just have ox!"


Let's hear your weird dreams!


Julie

4 comments:

  1. Well, here goes!
    I had a dream where my friend and I (he's a guy) were in the art supply room, and there was one of those big paper cutters on the shelf (the ones with the long handle with the blade). He decided to stand under the blade, and somehow it was able to cut all the way through him smoothly like butter, starting at the top of his head. He was cut into two neat halves, I could see a very detailed cross-section of his insides, and he didn't bleed at all. After he was cut, he just fell over. I wasn't bothered at all by what had happened. At this point, I started reasoning a bit inside the dream. I knew that it shouldn't have been that easy to slice through, and that there should have been blood. So in an attempt to resolve the issue, the whole scene replayed several more times. I "tried" to get it to look right on each try, but it just stayed the same. Eventually I gave up trying to fix it and the dream ended.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha, that sounds like something I'd dream about. Do you have AS also?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not sure. I suspect I may have it though.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hmm..

    Once I had a dream I step onto a rat trap and it exploded, my body fragmented but as I died on my dream, I wake up on another dream inside a dream.

    Another time Jupiter was hanging huge on the night sky, it was going to crash and so I run to the popular fair, but the fair was also running away from me.

    another night I filled a glass of water and this caused planet Mars to flood. I was a worker building tunnels on Mars.

    Another night I was an alien living a life on another planet, everything was very realistic to the details

    Another night I was telling a friend that I was aware that it was a dream. He did not believe me, so to prove him I crossed my hand through my non-physical arm. My friend starred shocked as the skin ripped apart and I stepped into another even crazier dream.

    Just a few...

    ReplyDelete